Clear & simple care worker insurance

For an instant indicative combined PL & PI Quote please complete the form below (PL - Public Liability, PI - Professional Indemnity)

Want to send through an application form now?

Download the form above, fill out completely and email directly to daniel@adion.com.au to get the application moving.

Do I really need insurance?

If you are a disability support/care worker or are an NDIS support worker who is self-employed, you require professional indemnity and public liability insurance to protect yourself should anything happen to your client whilst you are providing care to them.

What is Professional Indemnity Insurance?

Professional Indemnity Insurance is designed to protect you if you are sued for an act, error or omission in relation to the provision of your professional services as a care worker. It is not uncommon for a care worker to be held liable for a mistake even when there is no negligence involved. By ensuring that you have purchased Professional Indemnity Insurance and your circumstances falls within the policy guidelines you may be covered for damages awarded against you, including costs or expenses incurred in defending the claim.

Professional Indemnity may cover the following:

• If you are sued for malpractice or negligence
• If you are sued for damages as a result of a public liability claim
• If you are called upon to appear before the Coroner
• If you are reported to AHPRA
• If, in connection to your work, you are sued for defamation, libel or slander
• If you are sued for breaching intellectual property rights
• If you are sued after performing a Good Samaritan Act

What is Public Liability Insurance?

Public Liability insurance can cover a Disability Care worker at their place of work against injury to another person or damage to property. It can cover third party claims against the Disability Care worker and the replacement cost for damaged goods.

Why does a contractor need both Professional Indemnity and Public Liability?

A Disability Care worker is providing professional services in a place of work which means they need to cover themselves against claims relating to the service or care they provide as well as injury or damage to property given that work may occur with people in their home as well as out and about in the community. Without this insurance, contractors and NDIS contractors have no protection against liable action.

Claim Example

Public Liability Claim

A disability support worker was helping their patient in to the bath when she lost her footing and slipped resulting in the patient sustaining back injuries. The Public Liability policy paid for the patients out of pocket medical expenses & covered the carers legal costs.

Professional Indemnity Claim

An in-home nurse was accused of unprofessional conduct whilst performing clinical duties. This resulted in them having to attend court. The insurer paid legal defence costs along with court attendance expenses to the nurse for her time whilst away from work.

Contact Us

Did You Know?

In Australia there are more than 2,694,600 carers – 12% of the population.

Carers NSW

InsureCare can also assist with your Personal Accident & Illness quotations, just ask one of our friendly staff if you would like more information.


4,234,200 people have a disability – almost one fifth of the population.

Carers NSW